Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ME & MY BEST FRIEND...

Hi Friends, I apologize for the long pause between my last blog and this one. Actually, I wasn't able to zero in on any inspirational topic. Nothing made news worthy enough to write about. That's when I thought of my best friend who always comes to my mercy. I have been wanting to write a piece on my best friend since many years now, but somehow have always procrastinated. But not anymore, as I have got an excellent medium to express my feelings unabashed through this blog.

We are in 2010 and I have walked this mother earth for more than forty years. Now that I have travelled the world a bit (of course courtesy my best friend), done this and that to get somewhat vulnerable but a little wordly wise too, I think I can contribute a little by dedicating this blog to my dearest friend. Don't be alarmed if I tell you that he is nobody other than 'GOD' himself. I truly consider myself as my God’s chosen one. He’s my closest friend apart from my better half. God has all along afforded me the opportunity of enjoying all the good things in life and now with improved health. I have a great family and have had my share of the best material things one aspires of sans the Beemer. But it doesn't matter anymore as I still consider myself truly blessed and a product of divine intervention. So I am now constantly making an endeavour to become more wealthy in the spiritual sense as material wealth has no summit. Even if you reach the summit, you never know when you might shamelessly fall. Though I am still struggling to strike the right balance between the spiritual and the material, I am sure I will soon strike gold !!!

I may not pray to God like many others but I am also not an athiest. My idea of worshipping God is a bit different from the herd. Wouldn't it be better if we cleanse ourselves and the world around us; instead of showing off our allegiance to God through all-night long Kirtans & bhajans (copied from bollywood tunes) blaring from loudspeakers and disturbing the peace of others ? Everybody has his own way of expressing faith. I strongly believe that there is a supreme power watching and protecting me at all times; to whom I can talk to in moments of despair and gaiety with equal ease. He has always shown me the right path and taken care of all my predicaments. Today, we see a lot of people converting to other faiths, religions and turning to fraudulent Godmen for enlightenment, a trend which I don't endorse at all. What is it that their own religion of birth has not given them ? Without deeply understanding their own religion they are needlessly flocking to other faiths as if God gave them retribution by thrusting upon them a religion by birth which is not of their choice. I know that all religions profess the same thing...to be good to others, act as harmless beings and serve the society in a selfless manner but alas the conversion still happens. So to each his own. It's a free world. Who am I to dictate my opinion on others ? I myself don't visit any temples/idols for the purpose of praying or for pressing my demands on God. I even hardly visit the small temple my parents have built in our house except when it becomes indispensable during the Ramayana or Diwali puja. Despite this, I still consider myself extremely close to my best friend than many others as I have a hearty talk with him every morning. I talk to him to show me the infallible path at all times, thank him for a wonderful life and also pray for the good health and well-being of my family and myself, if that is selfish so be it. About six years back, I learnt to stop praying to him to make me overly wealthy (as is the greed with all of us) when I had a bit of a health concern.

But in any case, I am rather fortunate that my renewed process of dealing with my best friend has not made me incur any pecuniary liabilities whatsoever. Somehow the finances are automatically arranged by him from some or the other source when I desperately need them under the most trying circumstances. My dear friend has never given me an opportunity to beg or borrow from anybody till now and hopefully never will in the future too. You bet, it’s my best friend who helps me in all the crunch situations. All the magic moments in my life have been truly due to my God’s intervention. Whenever I am in dire straits, I talk to him and he somewhat arranges for the much desired capital or rather I would say he creates an opportunity at work strictly out of the blue to earn it. He has never let me choke...God bless. It’s all his allure and magic spell. This is what makes him divine and my best friend. The least I can do for him in return is to become a virtuous and magnanimous being.

Though quite generous with me, but I am glad that he hasn't let me hit any bounty lest I may not remain his best friend. But he should not be insecure about me as I have truly reformed. I need my best friend for life, wealth or no wealth. I murmur to him every now and then for every good or bad happening to me. I am quite positive that I will never forget my best friend till my last breath, whether I die a king or a pauper. I really owe everything in this life to him. Since the last six years I have just craved for good health for myself (by trying to make a conscious effort to achieve it) and my family and also learnt to support the truly needy souls...material possessions are gradually becoming secondary though travelling to the unseen mystic destinations is still a desire. I have repeatedly conveyed to my best friend that I just don't want to sacrifice my health for material wealth. My health is the most precious to me as I aspire to live long enough to see my two daughters well educated and independently settled in life and thereafter stroll alongwith my wife towards the rising sun on the beach.

Till then I want to use my able-bodied human form (which in my opinion is my best friend's most treasured gift to me) for the most meaningful purposes so that when I bid farewell to this world, I would be so proud of him for having affored me that opportunity. OH MY GOD!!! am I a bit confused. I bet you all are...But I sincerely hope that this post inspires you all to make God your best friend and not look at him as a mere deity or a religious compulsion thrust upon you.

No comments: