Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SOME BIZARRE NEWS & A BIT OF ECCENTRICITY

I am afraid that some of my friends are proving to be my muses for some of my blogs, once too often. But I am also glad, that at least this way I get inspired to write, with no offence to them in particular. Just recently, I received two links about a same news item from my cousin in the UK which I found very bizarre but anyway they made for some amusing reading. As such I posted the links on my Facebook wall to share with my FB friends. But the reaction of some of my friends (interestingly all in their forties, I doubt what became of the adage : 'Men get naughty at forty' ) to these links was pretty abashed, unforeseen and negative as if I had offended them and they were some kind of soothsayers. Or were they trying to scoff at me in a pretentious manner before the FB community that 'Yours Truly' was having a mortifying effect on them ? I will never know the truth but I would like to believe it that way. Their reaction was as grotesque and eccentric as the news item itself. Here, I am not trying to defend myself but just as a rejoinder to their comments, putting across the fact that I am no loser who thrives on any kind of voyeuristic pleasures.


To me, if a particular news article (be it on any subject) poses some interesting fact, then I definitely like to share it with my friends. Due to this instinctive nature and not because of any other misunderstood reason, I had shared the links on FB. However, now I truly believe that some people lead a dual life, one which appears so artificial on social networking sites and the other which is diametrically opposite in person. I'm afraid that such people are not going to win very many friends with this sadistic approach. It will be definitely better for the entire FB community, if they can make some real, debatable and meaningful comments apart from the obvious funny and light-hearted ones. You guessed it right : I am slightly miffed and confused at such meaningless eccentricities.


The links pertained to a recent news about an all nudist hotel coming up in Germany. A few commented that I was fascinated by nudists camps and frustrated like the Germans and my next trip would surely be to Germany. Ha...Ha. No doubt I was fascinated by the bizarre news item (but certainly not for the experience) and so just because of the curiousity quotient attached to such news items, I shared the link to it. The news read something like this : " In what is claimed to be probably the world's first, a nudist-only hotel is all set to open in Germany.Yes, you have heard it right. All the hotel guests will be required to leave their clothes at the reception while checking in and must be naked at all times when on the premises -'or they will be required to leave.' the Daily Telegraph reported. 'We hope to open as soon as possible. It will be the first comprehensively nudist hotel in Germany,' a staff member of the planned Hotel Rosengarten in the black forest town of Freudenstadt ("Town of Joys"), Silvia Probsthain said.The hotel rules state that all guests must put towels on chairs and lounges before using them, that there would be no sexual harassment and that all sexual activity in 'commonly accessible rooms' is strictly forbidden. Those who disobey will have to put on the ultimate badge of nudist dishonour-clothing-and leave."


The Germans are quite infamous about their views on nudity since the German FKK (free body culture) movement was founded in the 1920's and later banned by the Nazis for reasons of immorality. Still about 40000 Germans take holidays every year on nudist beaches in their own country and nearby Croatia. Last year a German travel agency organised a nudist plane trip from Eastern Germany to Usedom, a Baltic resort. Passengers had to dress before leaving the jet. And even Americans are not far behind. A recent news item in one of our national dailies reported that Nude Yoga has become a latest fad among international celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, J.Lo, Naomi Watts, Nicholas Cage and the like. The technique involves practicing conventional yoga postures without a stitch on so as to liberate oneself from all inhibitions and help in unification of the mind, body and soul. That's what the exponents claim. Hence a number of Nude yoga clubs have mushroomed across the US and are actually creating a stir. Then last Sunday, protesters, mostly women across seven cities in the US walked naked through the streets demanding equal rights for women to go topless on the beaches. They were celebrating "National Go Topless Day" to honour Women's Equality Day at Venice Beach in LA and promoting the idea that women have the same constitutional right to be bare-chested in public places as men.They say, "If men can go bare-chested on the beaches, then why can't we ?" But to me this is nothing less than perversion and gimmickry. However still, doesn't all this news make attractive reading material to normal human beings for a change ? We all look for an interesting change of thought during a hard day's work. There is nothing sinful in that :-).


I, maybe out of sheer enthusiasm wanted people to know the morbid extent to which Germans can go to fulfill their perverted pleasures in the 21st Century and certainly not what I intended doing :-). The Germans and now even the Americans are in fact planning to go back to their prehistoric roots when humans were bereft of any clothing. I may never muster the guts to come out in my birthday suit in my entire life but I get the inkling that my same friends who were surprisingly acting to have been appalled about my post referring to the nudist hotel camps could actually be the ones who would be game for such wild experiences ;-). Most others intelligently managed to refrain themselves from commenting on the links on my FB wall, lest their guilty pleasures would also become public prey. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So I would like to believe that when people dream about participating in sexual jamborees which can never be fulfilled, then they are the only ones who rant and rave about such activities in public. I am neither a dreamer of that kind nor a practitioner. Anyways, for those who never got a chance, I would still (even in the aftermath of some brickbats) call upon them to read if they wish to, from http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/destinations/germany/article6016553.ece and sign off with a message for my muses : chill as the link was never meant for you, but try getting a life.

No comments: